Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Custom Dashboard!

Well hey there Pals!

Today I thought I would walk you through how I create my own dashboards!
It's so crazy easy, I swear this only took me about 15 minutes once I had all the supplies!
Check at the bottom of this page for the links to where I got all of my supplies [Amazon is bae.]
You will need:

  • Decorative paper, printed images, etc.. [full page]
  • Scissors
  • Hole Punch [1/8th inch if you're working with a coil bound planner!]
  • Post-it notes and sticky flags 
  • Ruler
  • Laminating sheets OR packing tape

1. Find 2 patterns you love. You can print them on plain old computer paper, or you can get scrapbook paper, or whatever makes you smile!
                    I love Lilly Pulitzer so I printed two full pages of some of my favorite patterns!

2. Cut both pages to size. The should be approximately 6.15 inches in length and 8.11 inches in length depending on your planner! I used a note page from the back of my Plum Paper Planner as a guide, but if you have a Kate Spade, or an Erin Condren, you might have to adjust your sizes!
I left the white edge along the left side so the holes wouldn't cut into the pattern! 
3. Tape the 2 pages together with your patterns facing out, this way there's even something cute to see when you turn the page!

4. Using that note page, or a bookmark from your Erin Condren, mark where each of the holes are for your coil or binder rings with a small black dot.
       Now you may be thinking, 'but I want it to be laminated! Fear not! That step is coming! We want to mark our spots before we laminate so the pen marks don't rub off!

5. NOW we laminate! They make really awesome self adhesive laminating sheets that you can use, or you could go the poor girl route like I did and use packing tape! As long as you do it carefully, You really get the same effect!

6. Once you're all set with the lamination, take a hole punch (1/8th inch if you're working with a coil planner!) and punch where each of our markings are!

7. Take a pair of scissors, and  snip where each hole is, so the dash can be put in your planner, and easily removed!
Cut through to the hole, but NOT past the hole! 

8. Place your dash in your planner and decorate as you please! I love the target dollar spot sticky notes and use my Post-it flags in class constantly, so it's so great to have them readily available!

Enjoy!!
xoxo, CourtneyBridget

Fiskars 1/8 Inch Circle Hand Punch (23517097J)

Scotch Single-Sided Laminating Sheets, 9 x 12-Inches, Letter Size (LS854SS-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment