Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What I Wouldn't Do for my Planner...

As I previously told you all, I am in love with my planner.
I'm talking a hardcore.. passionate love....with basically a calendar.

I was always that weird kid in 5th and 6th grade that had all my classwork color-coded. In fact, I used to throw away the school-issued agenda and instead go to the American Girl store and get a fancy 'grown up' planner.
My love continued to grow through high school as I expanded my knowledge to the Vera Bradley and Lilly Pulitzer agendas until finally these past few years, I learned of the magic that is: Erin Condren.............. Well, the student budget version: The Plum Paper Planner.

For anyone who is branching out into the planner world I cannot recommend this planner highly enough. Every single page is customizable. I have my very own one of a kind planner!

I thought a great introduction to my planner craziness would be to take you on a walk through my planner and how I've set things up!


As soon as I open my planner I am greeted by the most adorable sticky notes. If you haven't yet discovered the joy that is the Target Dollar Spot, do it.
(If you'd like a tutorial on how to make your own dashboard, please comment below!)

As we continue on, you'll find the year at a glance pages where I circle all important dates whether they be special events, birthdays, anniversaries, etc... This way, when planning way far in advance, I always know what's coming!

Now we get to the really good part, the weekly planner pages, and though I won't show you any 'how-tos' as far as decorating yet, I did want to give you a little peak into my madness!
At the beginning of each month tab, I use the first page of notes to track income and expenses, each date is assigned a line on the page, and I track whatever money goes in or out to keep myself in check!

Next page would be the classic full month view which is one of the things I love about this planner. I love being able to schedule work, and see everything on 2 pages for the entire month!

As you continue to flip through, you'll find the week on 2 pages where I really break things down and write everything that's going on from to-do lists and gym time, to homework!

  • The first tip I will give you, is to plan with sticky flags. The world is constantly changing, so instead of permanently marking up your planner, just write out everything on movable sticky flags until you're ready to seriously plan out your week! 


The last few pages are full of extra notes and a really great little pocket where I keep my Erin Condren: Do It All Dots!

So I hope this little intro got you excited for what's to come! Be on the lookout for Plan With Me posts, and cute little planner DIYs!
If you purchase your own Plum Paper Planner, let them know I sent you!
xoxo, CourtneyBridget

No comments:

Post a Comment