Saturday, February 20, 2016

Spring Break Essentials

Spring Break is SO CLOSE. We're gunna make it..It's almost here...Oh God.... I NEED SUNSHINE. 

With Spring Break approaching so quickly, I thought I'd share my list of my essentials when making my yearly pilgrimage to Florida for Spring Break. Some of these may be total 'Well DUH' products, but hey they're important to me so leave me alone.

Jack Rogers Hamptons Sandals. 
Fun Fact: I have never actually purchased Jack Rogers for retail. Last summer I was wondering around the different shops in my town and found them at a 2Nd Time Around, BRAND NEW. They were marked $40 and I was totally game, and then I find out they're hosting an event for college students to celebrate the end of finals. All I had to do was show them my school ID and I go 50% off..... I only paid $20 for a pair of brand new Jack Rogers. Thank you Lord Above and hallelujah.

These have become my absolute favorite sandals. They are so comfortable and so versatile! Not only can I wear them with a cute little dress, but I can also just throw them on with leggings and a button down and be totally comfy! I know they're expensive, trust me this gal is always on a tight budget (#College) but if you have some birthday money to spend, or magically find them in a 2Nd Time Around, BUY THEM.
Jack Rogers Women's Hamptons Sandal


Comfy Pajamas
My plan for Spring Break is to sleep from approximately 9pm to 8am every night. I know I am in fact a Grandma. But if I'm going to be doing all that sleeping in my big comfy hotel bed, then I better have some super soft comfy pajamas to go with it. I love this tank because its super soft, and flowy so I stay cool and breezy, and if I (God forbid) get a sunburn, it doesn't irritate it because it's so loose!

Namast'ay In Bed Tank Top


A Wonderful Book
I may not have the popular opinion here, but lordy I love a good book. I usually bring 2 just because with all that time on the plane, I'm bound to finish at least one! I just finished Amy Poehler's book Yes Please, and it's incredible. If you need a good vacation read I can't recommend it highly enough! This spring break, I'm bringing 'At The Water's Edge" by Sara Gruen. Water For Elephants was one of my favorite books and I am so excited to see what this one has in store. I haven't decided on my second choice, maybe y'all can help me out! What books have you fallen in love with lately?

At the Water's Edge: A Novel


A Cute Water Bottle
In the Florida heat, the number 2 thing you need, (behind sunscreen) is water. You have to stay hydrated when you're sweating so much! Plus water is just really good for your skin, why not try to look as glowy as possible so you can take super cute instas?.. So I firmly believe if you're going to be drinking water constantly, you need a super cute way to carry it around! 



A Good Swimsuit
Okay, I know everyone wants to parade around in their tiny bikinis during spring break, but I've always felt like a flirty one piece is the way to go. You never have to worry about an asshole pulling your straps loose and causing a major wardrobe malfunction; you're more covered from the sun and are less likely to get a super painful under-boob burn, and you never have to worry about saggy bottoms because it's all attached! 
I found this one that I'm very tempted to get. Its a great example of how one piece bathing suits aren't just for our moms! Look at that cute little peephole! 

O'Neill Free Spirit Once Piece Swimsuit


Self Tanner
This is kind of like a pre-vacation necessity. I hate spending the first 2 days of vacation looking like the underbelly of a fish. Its a fact: Everyone looks better with a tan. Approximately 2 weeks before I leave, I start using Nivea Gradual Tanning Lotion. For the first week, I really only use it after every shower, so every other day. The week before I go HAM. I apply before bed every night to get that subtle golden color. This lotion actually smells awesome, and it doesn't leave me feeling like a carrot! 

NIVEA Sun-Kissed Radiance Gradual Tanner & Body Lotion, Fair to Medium Skin, 13.5 Ounce

Chapstick With SPF
Good Lord it hurts to get a sunburn on your lips. Your lips feel all crusty, and they sting no matter what you eat. UGH I wouldn't wish the pain on even my mortal enemy. (That's dramatic, I probably would) I love chapstick that smells so good you want to eat it, so find something that has a killer scent, and SPF of at least 30, and don't forget to reapply!

Hawaiian Tropic Tropical Lip Balm SPF 45+ Sunscreen


So where are y'all going this spring break?
xoxo, CourtneyBridget

No comments:

Post a Comment